Thursday, October 29, 2009

Words, words, words

It is somewhat of a liberating experience when one puts down a book after reading two-hundred pages or so in one sitting ... until one tries to stand up and realizes one's foot is dead, and one cannot tell if it is one's head that is spinning or if it is the room. This was the state of things late this afternoon as I got up to go to my evening class. I am never excited to attend this class, which saddens me, because it is a history class and I love history. It's so fascinating to learn about the giants who have gone before and those who were not so giant who lived in this world and are now living in the next, to connect the dots between cultures and religions and peoples and nations and governments around the world and across time. It's fascinating! Alas, much to my chagrin, this brilliant time of discovery is clouded o'er by the idea of three hours of lecture starting at five. But I suppose I shouldn't complain; I survive it well enough. Well, I suppose that's all I have to say about today. It seems at times that my life has been taken over by school and that I have nothing else to talk about ... except maybe the lack of any sort of dating life at all, which is just depressing and pathetic, so I won't go into that. Until next time, my friends, adieu!

1 comment: