Tuesday, December 6, 2011

23 Life Lessons Learned at the Cinema! Because I spend way too much time watching these movies ... But they're just so good!

1. "It's like in the great stories, .... The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger, they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you. That meant something, even if you were too small to understand why. But I think ... I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back, only they didn't. They kept going. Because they were holding on to something[:] ... [t]hat there's some good left in this world, ... and it's worth fighting for!"

2. "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

3. "[He] can't carry it for you; but [He] can carry you!"

4. "Keep breathing. That's the key. Breathe."

5. "You pile up enough tomorrows and you'll be left with nothing but a bunch of empty yesterdays."

6. "You're life is an occasion. Rise to it!"

7. "We must face tomorrow, whatever it may hold, with determination, joy and bravery."

8. "We Breathe. We Pulse. We Regenerate. Our hearts beat. Our minds create. Our souls ingest. Thirty-seven seconds, well used, is a lifetime."

9. "When you read a book as a child, it becomes a part of your identity in a way that no other reading in your whole life does."

10. "[D]aisies are the friendliest flower[.]"

11. "Life doesn't always turn out the way you plan."

12. "A person's a person, no matter how small."

13. "There may be something there that wasn't there before."

14. "[A]ny fool can have courage. But honor, that's the real reason for you either do something or you don't. It's who you are and maybe who you want to be. If you die trying for something important, then you have both honor and courage, and that's pretty good."

15. "Love is not a feeling. It's an ability. "

16. "Instead of telling our young people to plan ahead, we should tell them to plan to be surprised."

17. "I thank whatever gods may be / For my unconquerable soul. / I am the master of my fate / I am the captain of my soul."

18. "Forgiveness liberates the soul."

19. "How do we inspire ourselves to greatness when nothing less will do? How do we inspire everyone around us? I sometimes think it is by using the work of others."

20. "Tomorrow's taken care of, one way or another."

21. "Fifty thousand men died right here on this field, fighting the same fight that we are still fighting among ourselves today. This green field right here, painted red, bubblin' with the blood of young boys. Smoke and hot lead pouring right through their bodies. Listen to their souls, men. I killed my brother with malice in my heart. Hatred destroyed my family. You listen, and you take a lesson from the dead. If we don't come together right now on this hallowed ground, we too will be destroyed, just like they were. I don't care if you like each other of not, but you will respect each other."

22. "[I]n such cases as these a good memory is unpardonable."

23. "What are men compared to rocks and mountains?"

1 comment:

  1. Debra, I love this post! Thanks for all the great inspiration. And it was so much fun trying to match the quote with the movie! Hope life is treating you well!

    ReplyDelete